Top Tweets Of Academy Awards night
Twitter is ultimately for the onlookers, outsiders and comedians. Here are 10 of the best Oscar tweets from Sunday night
• “Watching the Oscars. Not crazy about the womb Natalie Portman’s baby chose to wear.” — late-night host Conan O’Brien
• “I might switch over to the Puppy Bowl.” — comedian Rob Huebel
• “And now, Gwyneth Paltrow, in a tribute to the saying `Don’t Quit Your Day Job.'” — comedian Andy Borowitz
• “What I’ve learned so far watching the Oscars: I need to buy nicer envelopes.” — “Late Night” writer Steve Young.
• “Please have the baby right now, Natalie.” — comedian Michael Ian Black.
• “No African American nominees? If you’re black and want to make it on Hollywood this year, you better be a swan.” — TV host Bill Maher.
• “Daniel Day Lewis has the depth of commitment to the craft of acting to die just to liven up next year’s death montage.” — comedian Patton Oswalt
• “This night will be a waste if Anne Hathaway and James Franco don’t do their hilarious `Who’s On Firth” bit.’ — “Late Night” writer Paul Masella
• “Stay tuned for the official Republican rebuttal to the Oscars shortly after the show.” — Satirical newspaper the Onion.