indian government brings out the magical 35$ tablet for students in January 2011
India has teamed up with HCL computers to manufacture its ambitious project of a 35$ tablet.
The Indian government caught the attention of the whole world two months back when it announced that it has worked on a Tablet computer that costs only 35$and After which there has been a huge speculation on when the tablet will be launched, the move was also encouraged by the founders of OLPC(One Laptop Per Child) organization also.
Now the HLC is going to be the stepped in to manufacture India’s most ambitious project. HCL will build at least 100,000 of these Android-based computer tablets for what seems to be a promising release in January next year.
Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal unveiled the device in New Delhi on 23 July. he said, “This is real, tangible and we will take it forward.” Research teams have been set up by renowned technical institutes in India such as the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras, Bombay, Rajasthan and some other IITs and technical institutions to ensure the expected reduction in price and boost its technical capabilities.
Three models are planned, with touchscreen of 5 inches, 7 inches, and 9 inches. They will have full WiFi, a USB port, and 2GB of onboard storage, which is pretty reasonable for the price. Full internet browsing, with the ability to play Youtube videos, is also promised. The Indian government has reportedly allocated around Rs. 30 crores for the project.
For Further Reading:
- Indian government Requests Google And Skype to Co-operate With Security Agencies
- Blackberry Deadline Extended In India
- The Indian Government Rejected RIM Proposal
- Nokia Will Install Server In India
- BlackBerry maker RIM denies knowledge of accord with India
- Samsung Launch Tablet Computer
- Ban On Bulk SMS Services Extended until the 4th of October
- Dell 7 inches tablet comes in a week
- Fiat India launch Linea T-Jet for Indian Roads Next Month
- LG is launching soon Optimus GT 540 Android phone in India
- Latest Bmw Launched in India
- BSNL To Erect 19,000 Mobile Towers In Villages
- Volkswagen Polo’s petrol variant of car Polo Launched In India
- Spice Mobiles Launch Two New Multi-Phones for indian market
- Tech-Com Launch New Home Theater System In India
- Belkin Launches New I-pad Accessories in india
- Toshiba Launches A660 Laptop In India
- Motorola Is Going To Launch Two New Dual SIM Handsets In India
- Wynncom has launched two new dual phones in the Indian market
- Audi Launches New Upgraded Q7 car