Taking care of your hard disk is important because this is the place where all the data is stored and once the hard disk. data in most cases is not recoverable. There are data recovery softwares and programs which recover data from crashed hard disks but that is not for normal computer users.and it’s not conferm our 100% data comes from the recovery.so it’s cair is important.
Hard disks crash due to many reasons. Voltage fluctuations, physical impact, improper alignment and of course mechanical failure due to wear and tear of internal parts. Let us start one by one and get the answers to the above problems.
Voltage fluctuations or spikes as they are called can be prevented by using voltage stabilizers or spike guards. This will limit the damage to the hard disk to a great extent.
Physical impact can be prevented by handling the hard disk carefully when installing/ re-installing. When installing the hard disk care should be taken to see that it sits perfectly horizontal and that it does not vibrate or shake once the computer is started.
The natural wear and tear of parts can be limited by defragmenting your hard disk from time to time.But what is defragmentation? All newly created files are stored in various places on the hard disk in a single cluster ( contiguous file ). But, as the number of files and programs increase, these files are not stored as one contiguous file but broken down and scattered in various places on the hard disk. In short files get fragmented. When these files are accessed by the user, the head on the hard disk moves to and fro to locate these fragments. These fragmented files puts lot of mechanical pressure on the internal parts of the hard disk. This leads to crashes. To start disk defragmenter from the start menu, click the start button and follow this path (All Programs – Accessories – System Tools – Disk Defragmenter). A minimum of 15 percent free space on your disk is needed for disk defragmenter to run. The disk can also be defragmented automatically by using schedule task. This program can can be accessed via system tools.
Power management tool can also be used to enhance the life of hard disk. To access this program go to start -control pane- power options and set the parameters for various hardware devices.
Disk cleanup increases the efficiency of the hard disk. So delete unwanted files and programs regularly.
For Further Reading:
- Hard Disk Drive
- Basic structure of a personal computer
- Install clone image With An External Hard Drive
- Samsung Galaxy 3 & 5 will come soon in indian market
- System Configuration and Computer Hygiene
- I/O Manager
- introduction of TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) and IP
- LG is launching soon Optimus GT 540 Android phone in India
- Stored Procedures
- Google is launching WebP For Faster Internet
- Motherboards and it’s Components
- Memory (Ramdam Acess Memory)
- Access User Names and Passwords with rundll32.exe
- CLINK Cyber Cafe Manager was launched to ensure cyber
- bsnl 3g installation.
- Importance of Good Website Navigation
- Active Directory data store
- AdSense earnings with Google Affiliate Network
- Apple will launch apple TV soon