A new version of Skype has been launched for the Mac. The new version is Skype 5.3 and it is now compatible with OS X Lion.In New The features include HD video calling thats allows those with a compatible camera to send HD video to the receiver of the calls.
To run Skype your Mac will need to meet the following system requirements:
* 1GHz Intel processor
* Mac OS X v10.5.8 (Leopard) or newer.
* 100 MB free disk space.
* Either USB or regular headset if your Mac does not have a built-in microphone.
* Download drivers if you are using an external webcam.
* For voice calls recommend broadband connection with 100 kbps down / 100 kbps up.
* For group video calling everyone on the call needs Skype 5.0 for Windows or Mac or higher plus webcams, and at least one person needs a group video calling subscription. For best quality we recommend you use a high-speed broadband connection of 4Mbps down/512kbps up and a computer with a Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz processor. As a minimum you’ll need a high-speed broad connection of 512kbps down/128kbps up and a computer with a 1 GHz processor.
You can get the new download now over on the Skype site.
For Further Reading:
- None Found